Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I guess it's that time...

After about a year and a half, I have decided to go back to school. I have to admit, I am still sometimes surprised at the fact that I have had as much schooling as I have. I never really was a big fan of it while I was growing up. Yet, it seems kind of strange not having a paper or two due at the end of the week. Once again, I really don't have a ton of "extra" time that I am trying to fill. I figure with as busy as I am still, I might as well cram something else into my schedule.
With everything else that has been going on around this place, I need to get my schooling out of the way before things get worse. If you haven’t heard, I survived the latest layoffs at my work. Unfortunately, 550 other people weren’t quite as lucky. I still might not be completely out of the woods yet, we will see how things go in Dec. Either way, with my work again paying for school, I would be kind of crazy not to take them up on the offer.
Speaking of work, I spent Monday trying to chop down one of the old dead trees at the parents’ house. A lot of progress was made. I even survived the day of climbing with a chainsaw and dodging HUGE branches as they fell. The only really tragedy of the day was when I backed into a large section of the tree and dented my Bronco. It was very sad indeed. That Bronco survived since 1991 with only a bent bumper, but now it has a real dent. Oh such a travesty of justice. I can hear her crying out in the driveway now. (tear, tear, sniff)
For those who are interested, the Awesome Fam is doing pretty darn well considering the circumstances. The baby is getting bigger and bigger. I am surprised I haven’t lost any of my (sympathy) baby weight from chasing her around the house. It's a good thing that her mom is here to help keep this little tornado in check. “A” and “K” are also doing well. The only other big news is that we have managed to “rescue” 26 little frogs out of our window wells. We now have them housed in a little 10 gallon fish tank that sits in the kitchens window sill. Scratz has been spending her time catching spiders and bugs with the help of a cassette case and feeding the frogs. Every week we have been heading to the pet store to buy about 30 crickets for the frogs to eat. This might sound like a lot of crickets; however, the frogs eat all of them in about 30 seconds. It’s quite fun listening to the little frogs croak in the evening and at night. Normally, I believe they would be hibernating this time of year, but since it’s nice and warm in the house they are very entertaining.
That is all for now, I have decided to give myself a migraine today, so I will have to call it a day.

No comments: